1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
250g plain flour
60g corn flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
200g ground cashew nuts
Small amount water if needed to bind together
1 egg (beaten for wash)
Halved cashews mildly roasted/baked to top each biscuit
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C.
2. Cream butter with sugar. Add in egg yolk and vanilla essence. Mix well.
3. Stir in the dry ingredients and ground cashew nuts. Mix well. Add water drop by drop if needed. Chill dough in fridge for 40 minutes.
4. Roll it out and cut into 1 inch disks. Arrange on a lined baking tray. Brush with beaten egg and place half cashew nut on top of cookies and press slightly to flatten it.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until it is nicely brown.
Cool and keep in airtight container.